CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Week 1 - Welcome!

 



What a great experience starting this new project. I have always wanted to start a blog, I  have tried before but I wasn´t consistent enough to maintain it. The course is giving me the chance to get to know the art of blogging.



Things I've leant while doing it:
  • how to add a favicon
  • how to link a word to a site
  • what widgets are
  • the difference between widgets and gadgets

Now I´m trying to customize it. I´ve learnt how to change the template of the blog and I´m looking for "THE" one for my blog. Let´s hope to find it.

Reflecting upon using a blog for class I think that motivating students to read regularly a class blog is the key issue. We can create great blogs but if students don´t see them, they are useless. Robert said "we do need a purpose to write a blog" and I would add, students also do need a purpose to read it.

Thanks for reading and come back soon!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea,

    I think your blog is very beautiful. You've gone to great lengths to make it very inviting and interesting. Your template is quite lovely and the decorations too.
    Congratulations!

    Do you think you can help me? How did you link a word to a site?
    I see this in many sites I visit but I can't do it.

    Truly beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice words Filomena.

    To link a word to a site, while you are writin a new entry to your blog,

    1- highlight the text you want to make clickable.
    2- click the link icon.(it`s a little icon of the world with a link above it or the word link)
    3- Include the full URL of the Web page in this field. (copy it and paste it)
    4- done, when you publish it, it wil be a hiperlink.

    Thanks again for stopping by!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, again, Andrea,

      I'm sorry I only answered now. It has been a hectic week for me. Too much work.

      But I would like to say thank you so much for your help. It is really very clear. I can't wait to try it.
      Once again thank you.

      Till next time
      Mena.

      Delete
  3. Andrea!
    Such a beautiful and positive blog! I'll be your constant reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog. It is very colorful and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you ask me, to be part of your starting process with blogs you did an amazing job, I like the arrangement and colors. Besides, I totally agree with you the students should have a purpose to read your blog, the question is, Are we able to give them one? I think you did by designing a wonderful blog. Congratulations!!!

    AAg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your nice words!
    I have to say that I did my best in finding a template for my bolg but as you can see I didn't design it. I took it from http://leelou-blogs.com/ where you can find more free tamplates for blogs.
    Thanks again!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea
    Your blog looks great! Good choice of colors and fine layout. Nice work.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete